Saturday, March 6, 2010

Parades

I'm having a memory of the first time I ever sang in a parade on a float. I was surrounded by my friends, and our group was called the Young Citizens of America! We wore red, white and blue, and we waved flags. I don't think I realized at the time quite how cool it was to roll down Constitution Ave on a float on July 4 in our nation's capital. I even got to sing a solo, albeit lip synching to a track of my voice. I hope that's not too scandalous. I guess a track was easier than miking a whole bunch of kiddos.

The reason I'm having this memory is because I just met the founder of the Dance Parade in New York City this week. We met through my friend Amber and got to know each other a little over some salsa. So I asked him, "can I be in the parade and stand in the middle of a float with dancers all around me singing big band music?" He had to think about that one. I will be interested to see how this will turn out; I'm sensing a little bit of synergy about to happen.

No comments: