Sunday, November 16, 2008

मोथेर मारी...

Tonight I went to itunes, wanting to hear some good Sabbath Day music, so I typed a search word... one of the songs that popped up was 'Christmas Lullaby' by Jason Robert Brown. A woman sings of her desire to be like Mother Mary, with the future of the world inside of her. As I listened to the beautiful words, I was reminded of a friend's testimony today... she said she'd always felt she would be a mother, and though she didn't know if it would be in this life or the next, she looked forward to that blessing and responsibility. As she held her beautiful baby and spoke, and as I read many of my friends' facebook motherhood posts today, I was reminded that being a mother, while it can heartwrenching and busy beyond belief, is the greatest blessing a woman can have. I look forward to it.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Lisa,
Just from reading your blog, I know you will be a great mother. You inspire me. Just as I am covered in spit up and frazzled by Andrew's 2nd grade homework I read your entry and it causes me to take a breath. I am going to itunes to find that song.
Thanks.
Jade