Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 13, 2008

That was interesting. My neighbor’s friend just asked me what he should do to get a Caucasian girlfriend. I’ve never been asked anything quite like this before and I was at somewhat of a loss as to what to say. “Um, Treat her well.” Silence. “Yeah, but how do I even get to talk to her?” A moment of thought. “Um, talk about the weather.” Another pause. “Take a class.” “A class?” “Yeah, where you could meet people. Or learn some things that would be interesting in a conversation.” “Okay.” He seemed happy with that. I hope it goes well for him. I may ask him for a full report next time.

I loved “The Little Mermaid” on Broadway. So what if the New York Times said it was more parade than narrative? I deeply enjoyed the experience of seeing the play in its Broadway form and taking one of my favorite 5th graders with me to enjoy it as well!

No comments: