Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June 9,2008

So thus ends my tour of jury duty. I was secretly hoping I might get to witness our system of justice in action, but it was not to be. The day ended with the judge throwing out our panel because the judge was angry that the lawyers hadn’t picked any of us. And we were such a nice panel, too! A policeman, an investment banker, an occupational therapist, some lovely retired folks, and a really nice girl who gave me a Marie Claire magazine were among our ranks. Maybe next time.

Ah, summer in the park. I was witness this evening to beautiful music and storytelling just a couple of blocks away from my home. Why do I love arts in the park so much? Maybe it hearkens back to my early childhood when Mom and Dad used to take us to hear the military bands play on the Capitol Steps, or to see an outdoor production of Once Upon a Mattress. Ah! To be singing and acting in a play as dusk falls, fireflies light, and crickets chirp.

No comments: